Szczecin is located near the German border (130 km from Berlin) and only 1,5 hrs away from the Baltic Sea. The city is often referred to as a Green City because of numerous parks, forests and other green areas. It is also called a Paris of the North with regard to specific layout of buildings modelled on one in the actual capital of France. Please find below some information which might prove interesting for students from abroad:
- STUDENTS – in Szczecin there are approximately 40 thousand students including several thousands from other countries
- INTERESTING PLACES - take a virtual walk around the city
- EVERYDAY LIFE – the city is throbbing!
- THE ORTHODOX CHURCH – apart from Roman Catholic churches in the city there is also an orthodox church
- BICYCLES – apart from sound public transport system there are also municipal bicycles at your disposal
- THE WEATHER – the climate in Szczecin is fairly mild and moderate
Additional advantage of the city is its general affordability
. Costs of a room in a dormitory amounts to ca 90 euro per month, monthly public transport ticket to ca. 19 euro, two-course dinner 4 euro, a beer in a pub 2 euro and a ticket to cinema 4 euro. So if you want to study in Europe
- actually in the middle of it - and do not want to run out of money before your “pay day”, Szczecin would be definitely a good choice.