For those who want to study in Poland in Polish language, Maritime University of Szczecin offers a short summer course of the Polish language that lasts one month (140 hours). This course is dedicated only to candidates to our University whose Polish language proficiency is at minimum A1 level. It is an intensive course which supports individual learning towards a B1 exam. Intensive classes take place from Monday to Friday.
Summer course of the Polish language
- classes: 140 hours
- time: 24 August - 23 September 2022
- price: PLN 1100 - online course | PLN 1200 - classroom course
- level: mandatory entry level at least A1, expected output level A2/B1
- format: classroom course in Szczecin or online course (optional)
The course is dedicated only to persons admitted to the Maritime University of Szczecin as first year students
. It is an excellent opportunity to meet new fellow students and get to know Szczecin, as on each Saturday the participants go on trips to interesting places in the city.
The course consists of 140 hours of classes
over the period of one month
. According to the Polish education system, each class hour lasts for 45 minutes
. Classes are held from Monday to Friday, 6 hours a day on average.
The curriculum includes Polish grammar
, classes dedicated to developing spoken and written communication skills
as well as listening
. The course also includes vocabulary related to marine profession, transport, logistics, and exact sciences, such as maths and physics
. Classes are taught by qualified and experienced teachers.
PRICE The total cost of the course is PLN 1100 for an online group and PLN 1200 for a group in the classroom.
The price includes costs of teaching materials and the textbook, as well as access to the e-Polish platform supporting learning Polish.ENROL NOW!
If you are interested in the course,
here is what you should do to enrol: 1. fill in the ONLINE form 2. pay the full price of the course (classroom-based or online) to the account
- Bank account number: 24 1240 3927 1111 0010 8858 8550
- IBAN: PL 24 1240 3927 1111 0010 8858 8550
- SWIFT: PKOPPLPW
- Account owner / recipient: Maritime University of Szczecin
- Address - first line: ul. Wały Chrobrego 1-2
- Address - second line: 70-500 Szczecin, Polska (Poland)
- Name of the bank: Bank Pekao SA VII O/Szczecin
- Transfer title: „Kurs polskiego <Twoje imię i nazwisko>”
The payment for the course is made before starting the course. IMPORTANT INFORMATION!
The proposed course is meant as supplementary aid to students’ autonomous language learning
and does not prepare the participants to a B1 exam
(it only brings them to A2/B1 level). Therefore, we encourage all participants to study Polish language independently – to invest in a good dictionary, watch Polish movies, or listen to Polish music.EXAM
The exam is obligatory for all international students who did not submit a state certificate confirming their knowledge of the Polish language (we informe about such necessity in the admission decision).
The exam will be held on September 26, 2022. The retake exam will be carried out on September 29, 2022.
Why is it worth to study in Poland in Polish language?
There are many advantages of studying in Polish language. Below we tried to list the most obvious ones:
- You will get to know our country and the Polish culture much better;
- You will meet more friends and you will be able to participate more intensively in student life;
- You will have a wider choice of fields to study in Poland;
- You will be more independent in everyday life;
- It will be easier for you to get an odd job while studying or, after graduating, a permanent job.
Phone no.: EN: +48 91 48 09 830 – Magda RU: +48 91 48 09 817 – Julia EN, ES: +48 91 48 09 345 – Ewa Study in Poland in Polish language!