• Speed Meeting..


    We would like to invite you to a fast, dynamic and … yummy way of making new friends. There will be pizza...

  • List of recognised English..


    We have just expended our list of recognised English language certificates by a new item: EnglishScore,...

Before arrival

Before your arrival make sure to read our new guide for international students. You will find all relevant information that will help you to prepare for your studies at our university.

Selected information from the guide

  • YOUR PASSPORT valid at least one month after arrival (or, if you are an EU citizen, your ID)
  • A VISA if it is obligatory for citizens of your country
  • A MEDICAL INSURANCE covering at least emergency medical interventions
  • 5 ID photos
  • CASH to cover your basic expenses during first few days
  • A CREDIT CARD (Visa or Mastercard) – easy and safer than cash way of covering your expenses
  • YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE if your passport does not contain your place of birth


If you applied for a place in our dormitory / residence hall, please contact us to confirm whether you were successful. If the decision was negative, you will have to book in advance a place in one of Szczecin hostels and later search for a room/flat to rent.


The Maritime University of Szczecin launched a program WELCOME to POLAND! in which our students help new students during their adaptation period. If you are enrolled to our University you will soon receive an e-mail with an invitation to take advantage of this program. Of course, it is free of charge.


Citizens of the European Union member states - the only requirement on entering Poland is a valid travel document or document confirming identity and citizenship (i.e. national identity document). However, in the case of travelling abroad, while staying in Poland, it is necessary to have a passport because you may be required to present a travel document in some of Poland's neighbouring countries which are not members of the EU

Citizens of countries outside the European Union - in order to enter Poland, you should have a valid travel document (passport) and a visa (if required). You can check which countries are included in the visa-free traffic <here>.

Poland belongs to the Schengen zone, so it is possible to apply for a Polish visa and use it to travel around Europe (except for Great Britain, Ireland, Cyprus, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and countries outside the EU)

There are several types of visas:

  • "A" - airport transit Schengen visa suitable for a person coming to study in Poland,
  • "C" - short-term Schengen visa which enables its holder to stay in the Schengen territory for 90 days within the period of 180 days,
  • "D" - long-term national visa issued for the period of one year which also enables travelling around the Schengen area for 90 days within the period of 180 days.

Schengen Visa of "C" type

Rights - it is possible to stay in Poland for 90 days (during one or several trips) within half a year;

Work - it is necessary to have a work permit or a declaration from the employer on their willingness to give work to a foreigner.

National visa of "D" type

Rights - authorises the holder to enter and stay within the territory of Poland for more than three months, up to 1 year maximum;

Work - it is necessary to have a work permit or a declaration from the employer on their willingness to give work to a foreigner (work for maximum 12 months).